Search

Friday, December 17, 2010

Top 5 Dead or Alive? Jada Please.


I'm sure you all know someone who lists this guy as their favorite rapper. Idiots. This slightly above average slick talker may very well be the most overrated rapper EVER. He has NO good albums and only a handful of SONGS that actually matter. He is a strong force as a member of The Lox because their styles (No pun intended.) even each other out but as a solo "artist" (I'm using the term VERY loosely.) he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned. Like most mixtape/punchline/street rappers from the east coast this guy can't make a decent hook to save his life and would rather give you a barrage of bars than an actual song. 

I wonder if he hates Def Jam yet. I'm sure he didn't want a song with OJ Da Juiceman on his last album but when you can't make a good song by yourself your label has to try and help you out any they can. It was a terrible idea but I'm 100% sure it helped him more than it hurt him. No one, outside of New Yorkers who love street rap (They don't buy albums.), is checking for this dude's albums. I'll keep this one short. I only posted it because I almost got murdered by everyone in the barber shop for saying Jadakiss is overrated. A few had the nerve to say top 5 dead or alive. I think they believed it too. I prayed for them when I got home. 

What do you think? Top 5 DOA or no way?

3 comments:

  1. Damn Big Crit. This is a pretty good explanation. To be a top 5, you have to actually be a musician. You HAVE to have products that will be able to played 5-10 years down the road. I mean the peak of his career was Why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Maryland. Jadakiss is ill. Kiss of Death and The Last Kiss were excellent albums. You're way off with this one, Critic. Top 5? No. But Jadakiss is way better than "slightly above average."

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you really know nothng about rap haha. put on your drake shit and shut up.

    ReplyDelete