Search

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

T.I. - No Mercy - Album Review & Download

Welcome To The World Ft. Kanye West & Kid Cudi - This beat is dope as hell. I like the hook as well. Tip's rapping isn't bad but it isnt anything we've never heard before. His first verse is cool but I don't think this song is intro worthy at all. It's not bad but intros have to be epic. I wasn't expecting Kanye to have a verse. This is, afterall, the intro to T.I.'s album. I like his verse but Clifford should have rocked both verses himself. Again, this song isn't bad, just not intro worthy.

How Life Changed Ft. Mitchelle'L And Scarface - I like this beat but I wish it would've been used by someone else. T.I. has entirely too many songs with this same emo dope boy subject matter. You haven't sold dope in years nigga. We honestly don't care anymore. This is one of those tracks with a hook your label comes to you with when you're struggling to fill your album out. It's not bad but it's that same ol' shit. I probably won't listen to this one again.

Get Back Up Ft. Chris Brown - I think this is his single. This shit is beyond cheesy. Everything about this song sounds recycled. I'm going to skip this one riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........ wait for it............... NOW!

I Can't Help It Ft. Rocko - This beat is cool. I like the drums. For some reason it feels like Tip has rapped on all of these melodies before. None of this sounds new. It's all so "soft" sounding I guess. I really don't know how to explain it but none of this is really catching my ear. Just like the others, the song isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I enjoyed Rocko's verse more than Tip's. 

That's All She Wrote Ft. Eminem - I like the melody of the hook but I don't care for the lyrics. This is another one of them soft ass beats that I was talking about. No knock to Dr. Luke I just feel like Tip shouldn't be on stuff like this. Honestly Eminem and Tip have no business doing songs together. Remember Touchdown? Exactly. Eminem's flow on this literally gave me a headache. He's trying ENTIRELY too hard for these lines. That "buy-polar" line? Let's be serious. Here's Tip's second verse and here's where I skip to the next track.

No Mercy Ft. The-Dream - This sounds like an Eminem beat. This hook is atrocious. Well, I do like the "let me go" part. Now that the verse came on it doesn't sound like an Eminem beat anymore. It sounds like "Dial M For Murda" (google it). This subject matter is tired especially coming from T.I. This nigga is not even trying.

Big Picture - This hook is TERRIBLE. WOW! I don't care for the beat either. DJ Toomp you are on with plenty of resources. Get those Fantom guitars out of here. Skip.

Strip Ft. Young Dro And Trey Songz - This is okay. So far it's what I would go with for the next single. It still sounds like a generic rehash of one of his old songs but whatever. You can tell that his mind was somewhere else when he was making this shit. Either that or he doesn't have it anymore. Young Dro you're going to have to change your flow one day. 

Salute - This is pretty wack too. The beat is cool but that hook and just the whole concept of the song are terrible. This nigga don't have left to talk about. 

Amazing Ft. Pharrell - WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! I know Tip said he was addicted to pills but I didn't think he was getting high enough to where shit like this would sound dope to him. This shit is terrible. It's like they tried to remake "Grindin" but ended up just making noise.

Everything On Me - The production on this album started off good but it's been falling fast since the first few tracks. This is terrible. I give up on this nigga and I honestly want to cut the album off now but I have to finish my review. I'll just skip this trash so I can get through it faster.

Poppin' Bottles Ft. Drake - You got a Drake feature and didn't get him on the hook? Tip you are failing right now. You aren't even close enough to pull your grade up to a D-. The beat is dope but that's about it. Drake's verse was cool. The song overall is VERY forgettable. Tip should have bought some hooks instead of doing them himself because they're terrible.

Lay Me Down Ft. Rico Love - I guess stupid sounding beats are cool now. I see where they were trying to go with it but I don't know how the clubs are going to react to this. This one has a 50/50 chance of doing well.

Castle Walls Ft. Christina Aguilera - This sounds like an Eminem song. It's not bad I just don't think it fits Tip. I like his subject matter on this but I won't be listening again.

Overall this album is some generic bullshit that Tip/Atlantic rushed to try and make some money real quick. If T.I. doesn't find some inspiration when he gets out his rap career is going to be over. Albums like this won't cut it AT ALL. This is WORSE than T.I. Vs. T.I.P and is easily his worst album. I hope he gets it together but I won't be holding my breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment