Search

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why Nicki Minaj Is Going To Outsell Your Favorite Artists


This chick Nicki Minaj completely switches it up on her debut album Pink Friday. I gave the leak a listen last night and for those of you who think it's going to be another rap album, think again. She came left field wit some pop shit. In a good way. Her album is LACED with hits. I mean LACED. She has a joint with Will.I.Am that is basically the female version of Usher's OMG. I don't know if she writes her own singing stuff or not but it works. It's a different sound too. You know it's pop when you hear it but it doesn't sound generic at all. Females across the nation are going to eat this shit up! Nicki is going to take over your local KISS (pop) radio station for the entire winter. She might have enough for spring as well. If they market this right and release the right songs she could EASILY do Rihanna (Good Girl Gone Bad) numbers.

If I were them I'd let it rock and drop half of the singles planned. THEN, since Wayne isn't on the album, do a couple remixes with him, add couple new songs, and re release the album after 6 months or so.

Maybe I should consider marketing. LMFAO!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like I was correct. She may even outsell Kanye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you for real? O_o I couldn't even get thru her album---it was TOO generic , in a rap way. I agree she will sell, but I still think it's generic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying it's good musically. It just has that very commercial pop feel to it which is almost guaranteed to move units. I can't listen to this. LOL.

    ReplyDelete