Search

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pusha T - Fear Of God (Mixtape Download & Review)



My God - We've heard this. I don't see the hype in the track. He's not saying anything amazing and the beat is rather annoying. Repeating "my god" a few times doesn't constitute a chorus.

Money On My Mind - Will this guy ever change his flow? If you're going to just rap simple punchlines you have to at least have a creative flow to keep people entertained. How do you think Wayne is so successful?

I Still Wanna - This is pretty dope. I like the beat. Still the same ol' shit from Pusha. This chorus is horrible and why does it sound so funny? Ross saved the song but it seems like his vocals are way louder than Pusha's. Ab Liva had a nice verse. It's a solid track.

Feeling Myself - This sounds like that "I'm Still Fly" song Drake had with Belly. No love for the ripped off hook melody. The beat is cool, though. Get shot like a freethrow? I know some people who said lines like that when I was 16. I won't be revisiting this one.

Blow/Funk - I like the feel of this one from the beat to his flow. I just wish he could find some better subject matter. The coke talk is getting REALLY old now. Good track if you can tolerate the drug mentions. 

Cook It Down - LOL. This is sad. Not the rapping but the hook. If the hook is going to sound that bad just don't use one. This guy isn't creative at all.

Open Your Eyes - This is just boring. I think he's trying to be deep. Same flow, same lack of soul, and the same forced coke raps. I can't stomach this shit.

Can I Live - This nigga better not ruin this beat. This guy goes in the overrated rapper category along with Jadakiss and Busta Rhymes. I wonder how Jay-Z feels about this.

Raid - This beat sucks. The hook sucks. Oh, AND it features 50 cent. I'm going to skip to the next track now.

Touch It - How are you on GOOD music and still cant get good production? This beat is wack as fuck. I'm going to skip this garbage as well.

Speakers Goin Hammer - He's actually spitting on here. About time. 

Alone In Vegas - If you're going to be a shallow drug rapper be a shallow drug rapper. Don't try to randomly get deep because people, like me, wont respect it at all. It's an okay track. I just feel like nothing he says is genuine.

Overview
With all the hype I figured this mixtape would at least be decent but honestly it sucks. I've heard better projects from no name rappers on the internet. This seems like it was rushed and it seems like he didn't have much to say in the first place. I'm sure I'll see my whole timeline (twitter) praising it and what not but I don't see whats good about this at all.

10 comments:

  1. shitty review. how you gon say you want him to change his subject matter but in the last song you say you want him to stay rapping about being a drug dealer

    lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur retarded. Pusha T is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your an ass critic dipshit. No credentials to anything you say. Go eat a dick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pusha was rushed to do this...this aint GOOD music..terrible disapointment! kanye did a bad choice on addin him to good music! he the only one that sucks there to me consequence is waay better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is slightly off topic but please can u recommend some music you LOVE not like please cause u come of as an elitist but actually a critic but I guess thats your aim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're an idiot plain and simple. The whole point of being a critic is holding no bias.....so I guess that means you ain't one, retard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did every rapper have intercourse with your Mom, Girlfriend or sister? Horrible review. I also think you walked in on J cole giving your mom a cum shot, and shortly after swap the cum to your girlfriend. Keep hating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha ironic how you comment that he can't get good production despite being signed to GOOD music on the one track Kanye produced

    ReplyDelete